Time Release AHA Overnight At-home Peel
Sleep Glycolic is an at-home AHA (alpha hydroxy acid) peel which can deliver fast results while you sleep, with zero downtime.
- KEY BENEFITS – This bi-weekly treatment can transform dull, uneven textured skins who want visibly brighter, smoother skin – fast.
- RESULTS – Harnessing a true free glycolic acid value of 10% for enhanced penetration results, Sleep Glycolic effortlessly leaves the complexion visibly brighter, smoother and decongested.
- KEY INGREDIENTS – True 10% Glycolic Acid, Crystal Encapsulation, Glycerin & Korean Clover Extract
- High strength at-home glycolic acid products (most commonly daily toners) are readily available and are often directed for regular, everyday use. This has the potential to cause irritation, and an impairment to the skin barrier. That’s why Medik8 believe that occasional use of glycolic acid is best – not daily. Leave daily acids to super-gentle PHAs (polyhydroxy acids, found in Press & Glow).
- Instead, Sleep Glycolic takes an innovative approach to at-home glycolic acid, harnessing the powerful exfoliating effects of glycolic acid in a bi-weekly treatment without the downsides.
- Glycolic acid is encapsulated in a crystal cyclodextrin ‘shell’ that is slowly broken down upon contact with skin enzymes. The encapsulation gradually delivers the high strength exfoliating acid into the skin overnight to reduce the potential for irritation.
- With a total 10% free active acid, the glycolic acid is able to easily penetrate into the skin, improving the end results. This is ultimate glycolic power, without the downsides.
How It Works
Sleep Glycolic is the Medik8 approach to at-home glycolic acid.
The smallest of the AHAs (alpha hydroxy acids), glycolic acid can penetrate the deepest into the skin. As a result, glycolic acid can address more stubborn skin concerns such as uneven texture and a lacklustre complexion.
HOW TO USE
- For use 2-3 times a week.
- After cleansing in the evening, smooth a pea-sized amount of Sleep Glycolic onto the face, neck and décolletage, avoiding the eye area.
- Follow with other serums and night moisturiser.
- Leave on overnight.
- Always wear sunscreen the next day after using Sleep Glycolic.A note on layering; as Sleep Glycolic is a direct acid, it should be the first step in your evening skincare routine. Layer all other serums and moisturisers over this.Patch testing prior to use is advised. Refer to medik8.co/patch for an in-depth guide to patch testing.
The Science Behind
“The effectiveness of exfoliating acid products depends heavily on two factors; acid concentration and the pH of the formula. A low pH is crucial to activate acids within a cosmetic formula. Every exfoliating acid (AHA or BHA) can exist in an active form (also known as free acid), or an inactive form. Only when an acid is in its active form, will it be able to make its way easily into the skin to have an effect on stubborn skin concerns like hyperpigmentation. In Sleep Glycolic, we have optimised our free, active acid content by lowering our pH to 3.5 – to achieve a true free, active acid value of 10%. This gives us a truly powerful glycolic acid formula. Crystal encapsulation and bi-weekly usage helps us to control this power, reducing irritation from the formula to maintain a healthy skin barrier.”
Daniel Isaacs, Director of Research